Sunday, January 06, 2008

To love is not a sin



My life was dull and void
Full of caring people
But none I owned myself

Balancing the bamboo bridge
My steps echoed monotony
On a cold slumber evening

Hearing the moans and cries
I quickly diverted my feet
Disarraying my phase

Ah! Abandoned as it seemed
He yearned for my warm hand
To hug his soft body

The moment I picked him up
He wriggled inside my arms
As if never to leave me

Was thrilled to realize
Of my dream come true
As stars too nodded in blinks

Reached home to share my joy
With my dream boy hand in hand
But hiding him behind

I was welcomed by a kitty
A loving gift of Mama & Papa
For this single lonely girl

My eyes expanded matching my parents
Who froze for a moment
Upon seeing my treasure

There was a roar of joy & laughter
For the puppy and kitty
Drank milk from the same cup

Cartoons awaited on TV
As I was never satiated
With my lovely Pretty & Browny

The two were then made to sit
On either side of the vase
Atop the colourless idiot box

While Pretty was sitting prettily
Browny was about to jump in panic
Which Papa caught right in his camera

They are playing now in the garden
Who drink milk and eat fish
From the same red bowl

I don’t understand why people wonder
When they see this phenomenon
Of love among enemies

Let me reveal you something….

My life is full of life now
For I understood that
To love is not a sin
To love is only a win


P.S. This is my contribution for Caption Contest - Week 9.

6 comments:

Radhakrishnan said...

''To love is not a sin
To love is only a win''

The poem is very touching. Thank you Padmaja.

Anonymous said...

Dear Padmaja,
This poem is a valuable contribution to the Caption Contest - Week 9.
You have been acquiring inspirations in the memories of your life when you were very young.
This poem is very tender.
I liked the simple TV. And the objects on it as decoration.
The love is beautiful and gives a great sense of joy. "Sin" is not to love. You just have to love to win.

Padmaja said...

Glad that you liked the poem. Thank you very much, Radha.

Padmaja said...

Dear Geraldo,

As you said, I derive great inspiration from my memories. We had a pet dog and his death shook me really. You have rightly noted the tenderness in the poem which I felt in my heart while writing. Thank you very much for your encouraging comment.

The picture is submitted by the winner of contest week 8 and the puppy and kitty were actually real animals and not toys, as told by the host.

Regards,

Padmaja

S. Ravi Venkatramana said...

Padmaja,

Wonderful!!!

Regards,
Ravi

Padmaja said...

Thanks, Ravi.