Thursday, January 31, 2008

Spot & light

Writers, poets and authors,

Help this young girl of 16 to master her writing skills. She is childish in words and childlike in thoughts. She is yet to grow out of rhymes and understand grimes. She writes about herself thus……



Blue spots in white
Dressed for the night
On the stage she runs
Lights flicker in turns
Sings ‘Little boy blue
Hears applause new

Wears gowns in yellow
Knows not how to bellow
Studies lessons of books
Stays away from the crooks
Her eyes roll wide and far
For ‘Twinkle twinkle little star

Walks her life with time
Tries to reason every rhyme
Humpty Dumpty sat on the wall
She sits alone before a waterfall
Decides to write her feeling
Finds her outpours healing

Like the mother of ‘Three little kittens
She wants her words to glisten
Alas! She sees them with a blot
Wonders how to gain a spot
To become a writer of bright
Does she need to swallow light?


Through her eyes....

Padmaja Balaji
:D

6 comments:

Latha said...

Simply beautiful! You are an expert in writing poems. I wish I could learn the art from you.
The last line "Through her eyes" is indeed a novel concept and I appreciate it well.
Well done!

Padmaja said...

Well, I want to gain feedback from writers and poets of the present to nurture the budding talent. I am no expert but just that a child is hidden inside to play always.

Radhakrishnan said...

Wonderful and very creative thinking. I wish I can write a poem like this. Thank you Padmaja.

Radhakrishnan said...

Wonderful and very creative thinking. I wish I can write a poem like this. Thank you Padmaja.

Moonstruck Girl said...

So cute Padmaja :) Very innocent outpourings :)

Love,
Me :)

Padmaja said...

Radha - Thanks a lot. You can write better in fact.

Me - Thank you very much.