Monday, January 28, 2008

In search of you




Tender frills of crimson petals
Shake in tempting vigour
To soothe my eyes for a sweet doze

Silver traces of blemished moon
Smile in alluring invite
To close my eyes in shyness

Fearful dragons of incoherent dreams
Fly in capricious moves
To vibrate my eyes in a fit of dance

Bluish sizzlers of oceanic beauty
Swim in earthly stillness
To dribble my eyes with tears of joy

Iced flakes of stirring glaciers
Freeze in piling heights
To cool my eyes of lusterless sparkle

Heralded monuments of undying love
Urge in fancied ecstasies
To open my eyes for the world of hearts

Waking up thus in hope with restless eyes
I walk past the lovers of eternity
In search of you, my only love


This is my entry for Express Yourself Contest Week - 12.

Picture courtesy - Swayamprava

5 comments:

Latha said...

Such a marvelous poem for a magnificient picture! Splendid! The verses made me sense the feeling in which it is written. The mood is prevailing throughout the poem. Fantastic stuff Padmaja!

Radhakrishnan said...

A beautiful Poem. Thank you Padmaja.

Padmaja said...

Latha - I feel light even after hearing your heavy compliments. :) Thanks.

Radha - Thanks a lot.

Moonstruck Girl said...

Hi Padmaja..

What beautiful lines these are !!!

Waking up thus in hope with restless eyes
I walk past the lovers of eternity
In search of you, my only love...

So exquisite, Padmaja !!! It will be lovely if you get to host the contest for the next week !!!

Love,
Me :)

Padmaja said...

Oh Dear Me,

Lovely to see you. Your comment has enhanced my blog. Thanks. :)