Tuesday, June 23, 2009

A reminder

I asked Atul the other day if he would read my blog one day.

Instant came the reply, “Why should I? I am seeing you everyday, am I not? I know you well.”

I replied back, “No. You don’t know me fully.”

Seriously I don’t know what made me ask that silly question or answer that way. But one thing is for sure – if and when he develops any inclination to read my writings, he will know me a little more.

By the way, why should he?

He should not know me only through my writings that I consistently & vigorously struggled hard to remain human at every given precious moments of life.

Today’s forecast reads, “Expect a struggle now, but remember how tenacious you are.” For the first time in my life, I am reading some truth about me in this column. Yes, I am tenacious. A reminder worth remembering. Thank you.

That reminds me, my son need not know that my writings are some of the reflections and condensation of my tenacious nature only. :)

2 comments:

Latha said...

Dear Padmaja

It is not surprising to me on seeing the question that Atul asked you. He is known for asking such unexpected questions :)

That apart, I feel that he will be stunned to know you through your blog. Your blog is more of a reflection of your thoughts and I am sure that he will be very interested in knowing about you when he goes through these pages some 20 years later. Let these pages surprise and enlighten him at that point of time. What do you say?

Padmaja said...

Hopefully he goes through one day. :)