Monday, June 08, 2009

Balavihar Mahotsav 2009

The Balavihar Mahotsav was celebrated on May 29, 2009 at the Bahrain Society of Engineers Hall with great enthusiasm by the participants, volunteers and parents alike. The dedication and devotion of the volunteers were evident from the outcome of the utsav celebrations. While the tiny tots were very, very sweet, our group exhibited maturity and poise, negating my tension.

Teaching, especially kids, was alien to me as I used to feel that I am not fit enough because of my shyness to vocal expressions. Ask me to write I can do it somehow. But teaching, no way. However, when Swami M asked me last December to take classes for the teenagers (CHYK), I was inwardly taken aback. Though I said, ‘Yes’, I was wondering what could this move mean in my life. Can I do it? I have no teaching experience at all. But ‘commitment’ is more important any day and hence I’ve also become a part of the group of four to train the teen minds, the toughest to handle.

The practice sessions for the utsav at my place were full of fun as the children were never serious about the performance. The singers (Atul, Aditya and Arya), the keyboard player (Gaurav Mittal) and the actors (Aishwarya, Urvi, Pranjali, Suraj, Sanath, Gaurav Pandey and Aravind) finally realized the need the previous night and gave a perfect performance on stage on 29th for the patriotic song ‘Aao bachcho’. Special mention is to be made about fellow Sevak, Mr. Prem Sagar who dedicated his time and effort in spite of his hectic schedule.

In one word, all the volunteers were simply superb.

I thank God for making me learn everyday in different ways from the young and the old alike, in body, mind and spirit. I thank Swamiji for making me a part of youthful life.

The local newspaper GDN published our group photo on 30th May which was taken after the performance. :)


(written on 03/06/2009)

P.S. Due to shifting, I was under forced retreat and hence away from internet and landline for more than a week. But somehow managed to document these few words in spite of the head spinning work that we had. :)

2 comments:

Latha said...

Dear Padmaja

I am glad that the event took place very well.

I had no doubt that you can do anything under the sun mainly as you said, because of your commitment in all that you do. If that element is predominently present in you, then there is nothing that you cannot achieve.

You are right Padmaja, God is providing us opportunity to learn something new every second of our life. When there are plenty of scope for us to elevate ourselves, it is also solely our responsibility to ensure that those learnings remain fixed in our mind always.

Padmaja said...

Yes, Latha. If I need to strictly practise this aspect of 'commitment', I must watch my words carefully before uttering them. Of course, there are a lot of unsaid commitments as well.