Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Frozen Frames

The stadium is lit, people are made to sit and the stage is ready for the grand drama of the day.

The Opera House quivers a bit in excitement, for it is going to give a grandiose welcome in gay.

People wait with bated breath and the silence of the hall beats the best orchestrated symphony of the world.

I slowly find a place in a corner in that packed hall without inviting my neighbour’s looks of cold.

All of a sudden the lights are off and the curtain rises with a big thunder of applause.

A gorgeous girl enters the scene with the eyes of a deer and the softness of a flower in a vase.

She laughs with regular weeps, dances with bruised cuts and sings a song of soliloquy with a tearful smile.

Her lovely heart radiates the podium and touches even the chords of people watching her munching popcorn for a while.

I look at those beside me glued to the drama shedding torrents of tears for her life of failure.

As I set my eyes on her, I find her walking and walking tirelessly all alone only to fall out of gear.

She lays motionless on the pieces of wooden crumbs and the fire of blaze touches the sky.

Totally moved, all give a standing ovation as a mark of respect for a failed life as the ticket is a good buy.

The acting is great for the feelings are too subtle to emote, I hear one comment upon.

As the curtain falls down, they all rush towards the exit to see their world that is still on.

The actors are gone, the lights are off and the door is closed leaving me behind in that dark place.

At those frozen moments of intense sadness, two teardrops fall on my cheeks to draw a map on my face.

I suddenly realize it is my own ordinary life that was enacted all along to the order of perfection.

With a smile, I, the spirit, wake up and slid through the wall to feel the breeze outside in satisfaction.


[Published in GDN on 3rd June, 2006

http://www.gulf-daily-news.com/1yr_arc_Articles.asp?Article=145202&Sn=BNEW&IssueID=29075&date=6/3/2006

edited later]

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Quite different work from your end.. Nice one

Padmaja said...

mmm... Somebody is there to appreciate always.

Padmaja said...

Published in Gulf Daily News today.

Anonymous said...

Apt title.A good piece
sona