Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Touching moments...

I entered the shop yesterday
Saw her with her mother
Couldn’t take my eyes off
Up and down I went
She turned her head around

Wanted to touch her
But scared of mother
Stopped in front for a while
Mother gave me a look
The girl's was a beautiful smile

My knowledge melted
Heart danced in ecstasy
Wanted to hold her hands
She again grinned at me
With her upper teeth shown

Her soft skin glowed in light
Finally touched her nose
And fell flat for her smile
Love swept me off
She won my heart again

Bid bye to her with love
My heart was contented
Longed to become one like her
Such a smile I don’t have
After all, she is a babe in mother’s arms

6 comments:

Padmaja said...

Thanks, Ash. Keep visiting here.

Anonymous said...

Good one!Written in a unique style.Leaves the readers thrilled.
Continue writing more.

Padmaja said...

Thank you for your wishes, Latha.

Anonymous said...

so chweet thought... keep writing..

Padmaja said...

Thanks. I have nothing else to do otherwise.:-)

Radhakrishnan said...

Very good poem. After reading those last lines everyone would want to live like that baby.

Lovely poem. Anyone would think in a different way until those last lines.

Thank you Padmaja.