Saturday, May 27, 2006

Will I ever....

Rhyming endings
Look like a distant dream
Grammar of the language
Laughs at my clumsy trials
Words of dictionary
Seem alien to my standard
Vocabulary of my brain
Kicks me never to start
Beautiful handwriting
An art I have to learn
Memory of my mind
Applauds for its lapse
Computer software
Is difficult to handle
Reading books
Is conquered by sleep
Looking outside
Still themes elude my hand
Thoughts to ponder
None I have however

I jumped up once
To paint my thoughts
That demanded me to write
But my proud assets
Refuse to leave me alone
I try to drive them all away
But its love is so great
I am also drooled by its charm
Still….
Someday I wish
To write a poem and post here
Can anyone agree loudly
To take my assets away
And lend your radiance
I hear none come forward
Never mind folks
One day you will find one
With all its glitter
Out of my own hardwork
But……
A final question
Will I ever do it……
I doubt

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess I need to be a poet to commenton this beautiful work!

Padmaja said...

It seems you admire my failures too! :D

Anonymous said...

Dont doubt yourself... you have already done it great...

Padmaja said...

Thanks. But still I doubt...

Anonymous said...

Looks like you still have little bit of doubt in your abilities as a good writer.I personally feel that you do write very well and moreover what matters most is that you post it in your blog where we all can read it.Please dont have any such inhibitions keep writing more and let us all have a share.

Radhakrishnan said...

When I read this poem, I thought I was writing it. :) My mind is very clear now that you could write wonderful poems and your poems are always get noticed in wherever you write.

Congratulations Padmaja.

You have achieved a lot since then. Thank you Padmaja.

Padmaja said...

Happy to read such positive comments. Thank you.

Raj Arumugam said...

Will I ever do it? - you ask but you've already done it!
It's well-written, Padmaja.

I just love the lines about how reading books is conquered by sleep!