Thursday, May 25, 2006

Glimpses

Garland and bouquets given
Chocolates, coins and flowers
Strewn all around the seats
Cheek to cheek touching
Tight embrace of love

A group of ten they may be
I watched those faces closely
Love gleamed in unison
In welcoming the old couple
Who were looking very supple

In the airport I saw this scene
Wondered within myself
Will this love be everlasting
Though I am touched deeply
By this enactment of show

They left the place soon
Candies and coins smiled on the floor
Men and kids grabbed them in fast pace
Cleaner cleared the floor quickly
The scene is wiped out completely

With a thought, I went upstairs
And saw my sweet little honey over there
With her black skin and twinkling eyes
Her infectious smile with her guitar in hand
Welcomed me with a big hug

We giggle a lot forgetting our ages
Today she sent me a message ‘I miss you’
For she has left me for good
Tears or cries she does all alone
In front of others she is just a smiling kid

Sorry, no tears I have for you
All that I have is only love for you
You are there in my heart forever
I can never miss you my dear
But still my lips say, ‘I miss you dear’
Yes, really I miss you here

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Splendid! Professional touch! I liked the line "Candies and coins smiled on the floor". Good one Padmaja! Keep it up!

Padmaja said...

Seems you are very generous with me.:-)I accept your compliments however.

Anonymous said...

Awesome.. Good mix of two different situations in a single poem..

Padmaja said...

Thanks, Preethi.

Radhakrishnan said...

Wonderful poem. The scenes went in my mind as this poem took me there. It is true. Love is always there not to miss anything.

Thank you Padmaja.