Saturday, May 27, 2006

I was all alone

The other day……
I was sitting all alone
In the midst of furniture
Totally unmoved like a statue
No temptation for books
Thoughts all over my body
But no inclination to write
Lots of work I had
But no mood to do anything
My joy reflected in every cell
Wanted to touch the sky
Be a bird for a free fly
But…..
I was all alone…..
I was all alone…..

At those silent moments
You got my message
Heard my thumping pulse
From a distant land
Called me for a chat
Played and replayed the song
The lyrics you typed it out
We spoke less but heard more
Even then…..
I was sitting all alone
But you were with me

Now I don’t recollect the song
Or the soothing tune
Or the wonderful words
But….
I cherish only those moments
You gave for me
To make my heart blush with joy
I tell about you to all
She is wonderful always to me

Do you hear me say again and again
Come back as fast as you can
Come back as fast as you can

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes even I get the same mood that you had described.
The alliteration introduced in this poem reminds me of Robert Frost's verses:
The Woods are lovely dark and deep
But I have promises to keep
And miles to go before I sleep
And miles to go before I sleep.
Good job!Keep it up!

Padmaja said...

My friend, Hope you enjoyed the poem to the last bit as I did when I wrote. Got the message? It is meant for you.:-)

Anonymous said...

Nice reciprocative gesture in the form of a lovely poem... for latha... come soon Latha...

Radhakrishnan said...

I knew that it was for Latha. 'She is wonderful always to me' line confirmed that but I was not sure. When I read the comments, I smiled. :)

Padmaja said...

Thanks. :)