Monday, May 29, 2006

That voice...

I don’t see him
But I get thrilled
I don’t talk to him
Yet I travel to different worlds
In a corner I sit quietly
Yet his rays beam me
I only hear his voice
And melt and melt…..

With my eyes closed
I waited patiently

His name was announced
My heart came to my mouth
Mikes were checked
I felt my pulse
Instruments ready
I became restless
That mellifluous voice
Finally came alive….

I am a dullard in all ways
Yet that voice soaked me

Those great display of feelings
Killed my pride & vanity
Tears trickled down
Felt an upsurge of emotions in the heart
He ended his sonata at last
But I reveled inside
Everybody left including him
I returned home with his voice

I am waiting with my eyes closed
Patiently and longingly…..
To hear him sing one more time
And simply vanish in thin air
I know not what is music
Yet I appreciate every art work of man
For such excellence only reveal
A glimpse of cosmic love

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

A nice poem indeed.Curious to know whose voice fascinated you!

Padmaja said...

All I can say is, it is a wonderful voice!

Radhakrishnan said...

Mesmerising poem. Every art work of human being must be appreciated. Well done Padmaja.

Thank you Padmaja.

Padmaja said...

Very true. Thanks.

Raj Arumugam said...

what a wonderful singer he must be to
elicit such a poem from Padmaja...
Yes, some singers are just so endowed with a beautiful voice and it is especially even more alluring to listen to them live rather through a recording.