Monday, February 18, 2008

May I speak with you?




Do you remember those gentle words
That marked our journey of togetherness
Where flowers bloomed in colours of joy
In the eternal garden of love?

Do you remember those gentle gestures
That spun our moments of expressions
Where birds cried in echoes of wonder
Sitting in the wish fulfilling trees of passions?

Do you remember those gentle glances
That tied our hearts of oneness
Where songs were sung by angels of pure
Standing in the peripherals of light?

Do you also remember your parting words
That shattered my world of innocence
Which made me wander without you
With a broken heart that could never be fixed?

You may not remember this rain of course
That connected me once when I cried
Where my soul felt stillness in my coffin
What with my life laid to rest already?

You may not remember me though
I wait for a moment of your glimpse
To say a word of my love of eternity
May I speak with you, my darling?


P.S. This poem is my contribution for Poetry Contest Week 14.
Picture courtesy - Dr. Madhvi & Saranya Patel

3 comments:

Latha said...

What a poem Padmaja!! Simply superb! I never thought that this picture is capable of bringing deep emotions as how you have brought. Truly wonderful. Your style of writing poetry is matchless.

Padmaja said...

Thanks, Latha. Your encouragement is soothing as always.

Radhakrishnan said...

Wonderful poem! It is simply great. Thank you Padmaja.