Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Sing alone in the silence of love




Cuddling my beautiful body of wonder
I refuse to leave my man of larceny
Who adored my being of purity

Visualizing myself on a forest bed
I recall among the rustles of dried leaves
Those noiseless chatters of our eyes

Thrilling flies of butterflies arise
At the dance of soft hair caressing my neck
As his thought jeopardize my stomach

Feeling cold I try to cover up my feet
Which quiver awhile beyond my control
For I recollect they were his object of adoration

A sweet sensation of love tickles my heart
Endlessly chanting the lyrics of our souls
Which I sing all alone in the silence of love

Cuddling my beautiful body of wonder
I refuse to leave my man of euphoria
Who left for ever this being of purity


P.S. This is my second contribution for the second picture of Express Yourself Contest Week 14
Picture courtesy : Dr. Madhvi & Saranya Patel

4 comments:

Latha said...

Your poem is really stunning Padmaja! This speaks beautifully about a lost love and you have brought it very well. Great effort and keep writing! I love to read your poems.

Padmaja said...

Thanks, Latha. Love cannot be lost for it resides in the heart for ever and the souls refresh themselves every now and then.

While I wrote the last poem was spontaneous, I struggled hard to write this one to bring in a soft feeling and gentle touch for the beautiful girl.

Radhakrishnan said...

Beautiful poem. Thank you Padmaja.

Padmaja said...

Thanks, Radha.